Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Oh. My. Gawd

I'm done.

DONE.

DONE!

No more plot holes. No more rewrites. No more fixing.

I'm e-mailing it to my first writer acquaintence tonight. Sending it in the mail to others (and to the long-suffering Kate D.) as soon as I can get my ass to Kinkos.

Holy crap, I'm actually doing this. I know I'm not sending it to agents and editors yet, but I'm still nervous at the thought of someone who doesn't know and love me, someone in the biz with an objective eye, reading over this thing I've created. My people, my world, all 418 pages worth of it.

Okay, Wedding Widow, it's in your hands now. I've got to get started researching con men. The next book's not going to write itself.

7 comments:

~ames~ said...

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Yahoo for theflitgirl - I can't wait to read it.

I tend to think that you writers are perfectionists. Was it was hard to stop the rewrites and let it go?

With actors one says "Break a leg" to wish them luck, what do you say to a writer- "Break a pencil"? How about "I can't wait to read the next one!"

Toasty Joe said...

CONGRATULATIONS FLITTIE!!!

Kate Diamond said...

The Flitgirl is my hero. I really do mean that. Congratulations, and I look forward to reading it!

Holly said...

CONGRATS! I hope to be in your shoes someday...

Mailyn said...

congratulations! hope it works out well for you. you must be all excited :)

Megan Frampton said...

Late to the party, but congratulations. It feels great to finish a book, doesn't it?