Thursday, June 11, 2009

Kate's Kitty


Last week's cat picture inspired me. I would like to introduce you all to my cat, Tigger.

Now, those of you that know me will be the first to say that I have never been a feline fan. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool dog lover. However, Mr. Marvelous and I kept Tigger for his parents while they went on a vacation. It turned into a slow but effective incident of pet theft.

Tigger has become my muse. Don't ask me why. He may be the most annoying cat on Earth. There are the 3 a.m. meowing marathons, the gluttonous requests for food, and the nights he decides to walk on my face. Of course, he does this because he knows he can get away with it. Why? We're sickeningly indulgent because he's just so cute and cuddly!

You know the cute cat face that Puss in Boots makes on Shrek? Yeah, he's got it down.

He's also truly a writer's kitty. He loves office supplies. He would much rather play with a pen than a cat toy. And he loves it when I'm writing--my desk is right by the door, which means that he can go in and out at his leisure. I can open the door for him without ever leaving my chair--a chair, by the way, in which he loves to lay. You can always tell when I've been writing because my butt is covered in orange cat hair.

Tell me about your own pets. What do the animals in your life reveal about you?

3 comments:

~ames~ said...

Tigger is very adorable!

We all know about my two babies. LOL But we also have two cats, a tabby named My Precious and a calico named Tulip.

They are evil and not at all cuddly. LOL

Christine said...

I have a special kitty, Clancy (named for a famous literary person--husband named her :P). She is 19, deaf, occasionally senile, occasionally kittenish, but always reliable about following me.

Yup, she sleeps with me, gets up with me, and if I am too busy (running around cleaning house or hosting others or ...) she waits for me under my office chair. She knows I will return to that spot. Always.

This cat is a love bug. Not sure how many more months or years I will have with her. But just when I think oh, she's near the end of her days, she pulls a kitten stunt like jumping 3 feet to the counter to steal a chicken leg and I'll think, no maybe not yet.

Serena said...

that cat is cute! i have a dog, and he's rambunctious and fun...does that mean I am? maybe sometimes...