Friday, July 21, 2006

Buying Books Ain't No Fun At All

Yeah, that's what I said. Not at all.

At my last job, I had access to all the mass market fiction released in any given month. Truly, all of it: YA novels, suspense, mystery and, of course, romance. And a certain amount of comtemporary literary fiction, as well. I have three packing boxes worth of novels I sent home from my office before I left that I still haven't read through, and piles of untouched books beside my bedside table. And seeing that I'm starting graduate school in English Lit in September, lack of reading material will not be a problem.

But...I just realized that the latest (and final!) Bridgerton novel came out last month. And I'm going to have to (gasp) pay money for it myself.

Should I email my old colleagues and see if loyalty counts for anything these days?

2 comments:

Kate Diamond said...

Get the book. You know, a lot of people didn't like it but I thought it was just fine... maybe because I read a few disappointed reviews, so my expectations weren't very high! But I liked it just the same.

Worth the purchase money. Speaking of which... new Wallflowers book next week. Hurray!

Anneliese Kelly said...

Oh I read Daisy's story! I loved. It was fantastic. You'll really enjoy.